Houdini - W's Alto Half Zip - Sugar Snow
Description & Features
Let nature keep you warm. Alto Halfzip is made in a fabric called Woolly Treemerino™, a Swedish made warm, stretchy and lightweight fabric in 60% merino wool and 40% Tencel®. Merino wool provides warmth and is naturally odor resistant. Tencel® is a fiber made from cellulose that gives the fabric structure and better moisture transmission. We never blend natural and synthetic fibers and the result is a garment that is both biodegradable and recyclable.
Designing functional and versatile mid-layers has always been a Houdini special. This all-natural wool fleece will keep you warm on any adventure. Layer it under your shell jacket for skiing, wear it on it’s own for an autumn hike or let it keep you warm after a chilly surf session. We can highly recommend Alto Halfzip if you are looking for a warm technical fleece jacket and prefer natural materials over synthetics. Use it all year round in any situation where you want to keep warm in cool temperatures.
Please don’t throw away this garment when it’s worn out. Alto Halfzip is made from renewable and biodegradable fibers. The raw materials are valuable and can be used again through recycling or composting. Bring it back to a Houdini shop or one of our retailers that has a Houdini recycling unit.
- Regular fit
- Soft, stretchy and warm
- Great next-to-skin comfort
- Highly breathable
- Natural odor resistance
- Made in 60% merino wool 20µm, 40% Tencel®
- Mulesing free wool from Australia and South Africa
- EU Ecolabel Tencel® made in Austria
- Renewable, biodegradable and recyclable
- Weight: 434 g
Fabrics & Technology
Warm, fluffy and soft merino wool fleece made only with natural fibers.
- Origin: Sweden
- 60% merino wool 19,3µ, 40% lyocell Tencel®
- Weight: 360 g/m²
- Naturally odor resistant
- Mulesing free and traceable merino wool from Australia
- Lyocell Tencel® from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- AME traceable program
- Nature Texx Plasma treated for easy care
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.