Patagonia - M's R1 Lite Yulex Long John
This variant is currently sold out
Lightweight and ultra-stretchy, this neoprene-free sleeveless wetsuit offers warmth, comfort and sun protection with full freedom of movement for paddling. Made of 85% Yulex natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content; interior lining is 100% recycled polyester. Suggested water temperatures: 65°–75° F/18°–23° C. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
We’ve reformulated the Yulex® material in our spring suits, making them lighter, stretchier and more comfortable. Made of 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content that replaces a petroleum-based material with a plant-based one, they offer the same performance attributes as conventional stretch neoprene while reducing CO2 emissions by up to ~80% in the manufacturing process. Derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance, we blend the natural rubber with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone- and UV-resistance and meet our rigorous standards for strength, stretch and durability. Providing comfort, flexibility and sun protection with minimal weight, the redesigned, neoprene-free R1® Lite Yulex® Long John is 2mm throughout, with a high-stretch, fast-drying 100% recycled polyester lining; the face fabric is 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex. The face fabric and lining are now solution dyed—using 86% less water than conventional dyeing—and are laminated with water-based AquaA™ glue that’s free from harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs). An open-arm design offers full freedom of motion for paddling, and the center-back zip allows simple entry and exit. Soft and durable Supratex kneepads flex easily and provide additional comfort against a board deck. All seams have flatlock construction for next-to-skin comfort and increased strength. Easy-access key loop included. Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility. Suggested water temperatures: 65–75° F/18–23° C.
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free
- Solution-dyed, high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining throughout improves flexibility and dry time; exterior face fabric made with solution-dyed 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex is durable, stretchy and water-resistant; lining and face fabric laminated with solvent-free AquaA™ glue
- Back zip for easy on/off
- Seams are sewn with flatlock construction for maximum durability
- Soft and durable Supratex kneepads
- Easy-access key loop
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 723 g (25.5 oz)
- Body: 2mm 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey.
- Exterior face: 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex.
- Natural rubber is from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn